Cressana BVBABorstekouterstraat 66
T:055/49.73.00 | F:055/61.38.01
High-dose vitamin D3 from lichen in a well-considered mix with vitamin K2, nettle leaf and watercress.
Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is the most physiologically active form of vitamin D, and is 100% identical to the body's own vitamin D.
Most vitamin D3 comes from the wool fat (lanolin) of sheep, and because of its animal origin is not loved by vegans. Vitamin D3 1000 IU / 3000 IU contains vegetarian vitamin D3 from lichen. Quite a boost, because the only vegetable vitamin D that existed until recently was vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol. Vitamin D2 is less effective.
Solar vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 is formed in your skin under the influence of the sun's rays. Unfortunately, the intensity and position of the sun in our climate is rarely suitable for producing sufficient vitamin D3. This is only the case in high summer. How do you obtain sufficient vitamin D3 throughout the year?
Nutrition makes it difficult, simply because very few foods are a source of vitamin D: meat, fish, dairy products and eggs contain a scarce amount. A vitamin D3 deficiency can therefore be solved by using a high-quality nutritional supplement.
What does vitamin D3 do?
Vitamin D3 plays an important role in many processes in the body. This makes it very interesting to avoid a shortage.
• helps keep teeth, bones and muscle function healthy
• supports the normal functioning of the immune system
• contributes to normal blood calcium levels
• plays a role in the cell division process
Who is most at risk of a vitamin D3 deficiency?
The body's own vitamin D3 production is declining steadily in old age. For people over 70, this often means a large deficiency of vitamin D3.
Those who spend a lot of time indoors, always use a sun product with a high protection factor, walk around veiled or have a dark skin color, repel the sun's rays and thus develop a vitamin D3 deficiency.
Due to a lack of sunlight, anyone can use extra vitamin D3 during the winter months.
Top 5 key features:
(1) high dose of vitamin D3 (1000 IU or 3000 IU)
(2) vegetarian vitamin D3 from lichen
(3) vitamin D3 is the most physiologically active form of vitamin D (in contrast to the vegetable vitamin D2 which is less favorable to the body)
(4) supplement with vitamin K2 that helps keep the bones healthy and contributes to normal blood clotting
(5) extra nettle leaf to keep the joints flexible and to support blood circulation